November 21, 2009

A little bit of everything at once.





Rappers and singers with accents are awesome.  For a long time I didn't understand how an accent could make a woman hot, but in the past few years it's been growing on me.   I guess when I would think of a hot girl it would be more superficial.  Now, I notice more things beyond physical appearances that are very attractive.  Accents is one of them. 

It's been a hectic week or so which means no blogging.  To catch you up on my life, my post will be a significantly long one to try and cover all bases.  It will not be told in chronological order, but in the order that the events come to me as I am typing.  And the story begins with a dream.

Two nights ago, I had another bizarre dream.  In this particular dream, Andy, Chadwick, and I were all sitting down having a nice afternoon meal at some Chinese restaurant.  Out of the blue, some Arab guy, about our age, ran in the restaurant and told us that the Arabian mob was following him.  He asked if he could sit with us because he was scared of the people after him.  So being the good people that we are, we told him he could sit with us.  Then, a whole mess of people came spilling in the doorway looking for this guy.  Sure enough, it was the mob the guy was talking about.  They didn't see him right away so they sat down at a table and began scoping the place out.  All of a sudden one of the guys recognizes the guy at points at our table.  Without even getting up, they all pull out their pistols and uzis and start spraying in our direction.  I duck out of the way but Andy, Chad, and the Arab guy just sit there - backs straight, chin up, without flinching.  Bullets are flying and hitting them in the face and chest but bouncing off.  The three of them just look at the mob and shrug it off.  I ask, "What the hell just happened?"  Then I look over and see Brian in the corner of the restaurant and he says "How did you do that?!"  Andy and Chad explained that they had used an anti-bullet spray on themselves which makes them immune to all gunfire.  Brian looks over at me and I'm still ducking.  He asks me "Did you use it too?"  I give him the eye and reply "If I had used it would I be ducking?!  Of course I didn't use it!"  He stares back at me and says "I don't believe you."  Then he pulls out his own pistol and shoots me in the chest.  What...the...hell...  I look down and I'm bleeding and I can feel the bullet lodged in my lungs.  I start to panic and experience a shortness of breath.  Then I woke up.  I can't believe Brian didn't believe me.  He dream-murdered me.

The evening before that, Andy, Chadwick, Gary and I went to Poleng Lounge for Kate and Annie's birthday.  I pass by it every day on the 5 on my way to work but I never really noticed it.  It was dead and we ended up just sitting down and chatting.  It wasn't that bad except for the part where I got tricked into donating money to hurricane victims.  Now, I'm a victim too.  Had a couple of beers there and then took off to meet one of Andy's friends at Ambassador.  It was my first time there but it seemed like an okay spot.  Not too bad.  Just hung out with the boys for a while and challenged Gary to a chugging contest.  The first one was too close to call but the second round I beat him by about a half of a second.  It was pretty intense.  I knew I had the second round even though Chadwick had his money on Gary.  The official record is 1-1-1 and Gary said every time we go to a pub we should continue the tradition.  Sounds like fun.  Then we went to some pizza place across the street and it was delicious.  Greasy food after alcohol always tastes good.  Gary let me have a few bites of his slice since I didn't want to eat a whole one.  Still watching my weight.  And it's working. 

Been spending most of my time this week applying to two programs for graduate school.  Unfortunately, I think it may have been a complete waste of time.  The deadline is December 1 and I have not received any of the three letters or recommendations that I asked for.  But, I realized yesterday, that this may in fact work out in my favor.  The program I am applying to begins in Fall 2010, but the program also has a second session beginning in Spring.  If I change my application for the Spring semester, it will give me more time to complete my 18 month contract at Wells Fargo.  I guess there's always an upside.  I can't believe I'm becoming a glass-half-full kind of guy.  The program that I really want to be in has an April deadline so there's plenty of time for that one.  Probably will have a sit down meeting with the program director in the next month or so.  She seems really nice.

About this gun law situation.  Apparently it is legal to carry a gun as long as it's holstered, unloaded, and not concealed.  If I had known that earlier, I would have carried a gun everywhere.  I'm preferable to the p228.  Nice and compact.  It really only takes one bullet to kill someone if you know what you're doing, so I don't need a giant magnum or anything silly like that.  A simple p228 will do the job.  If I don't kill them with the first shot, I'll at least have immobilized the person.  Time to exercise my rights granted to me by the second amendment. 

Something has been bothering me for the last half year or so.  Ever since Chadwick's brother started playing Magic (the Gathering of course), I got sucked back into it.  I really don't mind except for the fact that I have no one to play with other than him.  Also, it sucks that sometimes it's all I think about.  I know this makes me sound like a loser but I don't care.  Sometimes all I do is think about how much better I could make my deck if I had certain cards.  I've actually gone out of my way to ask people I know who used to play to see if they had these cards.  It's just annoying knowing that my deck has not met its full potential.  But it's also satisfying to know that it beats Wilton's decks more than 50% of the time.  And it's even more satisfying knowing that he gets angry when he loses.  I love winning... I doesn't matter if I win against a four year old or a 90 year old.  Winning is winning.  FnF reference.  I need some howling mines.  When I get really desperate to play, I'll just walk down to the comic store.  There's always nerds there.  I have to buff up my deck first though so I don't get embarrassed.  I sometimes think about how awesome it would be to walk into the comic book store as an unknown and challenge everyone there.  They'd have no idea what my deck is capable of.  Yes. I am a loser.

Last night I finally got a chance to listen to the Howard Stern rant about religion and Kirk Cameron's ridiculous arguments for public schools to not just include intelligent design, but make it the main topic of science classes.  I don't like to use profanity in my blog but what a fucking tool.  Howard Stern made a lot of great points about religion and argued that evolution is the only thing that should be taught in public schools.  Agree 100%.  Kirk Cameron is such a douche.  These are the people that are so completely ignorant they just make me want to punch their babies.  Listen to this if you have time.  Part 1 of 2, totaling about 18 minutes. 



Black Friday is coming up.  I'm scheduled to work but if there are deals that I have to line up for then I might have to call it a half day.  I worked a half day on Thursday and my boss let me count it as a full day.  That's four hours of work for free.  I hope she'll let me keep the eight hours on record if I take a half day on Friday too.  This year, I'm looking for a new TV for my room.  Looking for at least a 46", 1080p, 120Hz LCD.  Brand isn't so important but I definitely would prefer a Samsung, Sony, Sharp, or maybe a Vizio.  Other than the TV, there's not much to line up for.  Also on my list for "wants" but not necessarily something I'd skip work for is a flash drive, a microsd card, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia DVD seasons 3-4 + A Very Sunny Christmas, Monk (the seasons I don't have but I'm not sure which ones they are), Fearless Platinum edition, some board games, a new laptop, and maybe some other stuff, but those are the things I can name off the top of my head.  This is, of course, assuming there are amazing deals.  I have a price in mind for all of those items.  We'll see how it is when I get all the ads. I'd also like my own PS3.  There's no point of buying a blu-ray player when you can buy a PS3.  I figure when I move out I'll want my own anyways so if it's cheap, I'll probably end up buying one.  I know I will eventually.

That's all for now.  I'm also trying to think of a more creative sign off.  There needs to be more pizazz to my closing signature.  Time to experiment.

Until next time,

Stay classy San Francisco













-Alex Thunderlips

1 comment:

Cora L. said...

So I guess we've got guns on the mind! We should totally get some - see if you had a gun, you could have shot Brian's gun out of his hand.. and if you missed you still wouldn't have harmed him ;]

I hope you find an awesome BF deal, I hope I find one too. I want a 40" if you see a hot one let me knows!

Accents are great, and they come in all shapes and sizes!