April 18, 2010

Away but not gone



I've been close to obsessed with this band lately.  Listen to it.  You won't be sorry.  It does start a little slow though.  Their sound is just so wonderfully refreshing and different.  The combination of instruments is so unusual but somehow manage to produce major eargasms. 

Back to basics.  I had a dream last night that was definitely brought on by the happenings of hours before I went to bed.  I was back at Roe, where I had been that night, and instead of celebrating Aline's birthday, everyone was celebrating mine.  Standing in front of me at the bar, I see a woman with beautiful curves.  Her blonde hair was soaked for some reason like she had just gotten out of the shower.  The DJ stopped the music and she turned around and it was... wait for it... Beyonce!  With a mic in her hand, she started singing a very beautiful rendition of Happy Birthday.  After the song we left Roe for a late-night bite via limo.  The next thing I remember is finishing eating and heading back home in a helicopter.  I guess I ride in style in my dreams.

As mentioned above, last night's dream was probably due to the things that happened earlier when I actually went to Roe to celebrate Aline's birthday followed by a late-night meal in Chinatown.  I must admit, the beginning of the night was a bit lackluster but by the end of the night, I was glad to be there.

The highlight was definitely sharing a meal (not literally) with seven other people, three of whom were inebriated.  Kevin was slurring and acting a fool.  When the waitress asked what we would like to drink, he said "Oh!  I know what I need right now.  Do you have Gatorade?  I'll have the red kind."  The waitress had no idea what he was talking about and Jimmy was just rolling.  After we ordered drinks Jimmy put his face down on his menu and someone made an inappropriate comment that made him choke and spit all over his menu.  Gary was also trying his best to speak Cantonese which eventually led to an interesting translation of Rude Boy by Rihanna.  Another girl, Diana, was being belligerent and yelling at Kevin for not eating his food.  She was complaining about how he had ordered food but was not eating any of it, but when I looked over at her side, there was no plate in front of her.  I asked her why she was yelling at Kevin for not eating when she didn't even have a plate in front of her and she just smiled innocently.  I can't remember a time when I had that much fun being sober watching drunk people.

I woke up this morning with a moderately sized bruise on my right knee.  It may be the stupidest self-inflicted injury of the year (so far.  I'm sure there will be more).  After watching two hours of Ninja Warrior on G4, I had an itch to Spider Climb my hallway.  What does that mean?  It means this.



I did not anticipate how slippery the walls in my hallway would be and I fell almost immediately when I jumped up.  My knee ran right into the wall.  It was ridiculous.   Damn you Ninja Warrior. 

I've also been working on my playoff beard.  It's a work in progress.  The Sharks have been playing very well but are at the short end of the series.  They stand behind the Avalanche 1-2.  I have a feeling the sharks will wear them down soon and victories are inevitable.  C'mon Sharks!  I'm not growing this beard for nothing!

I guess that'll do for now.  You'll just have to live with what I give you.

Until next time,

OMGWTFBBQ?!

-Alex Thunderlips

2 comments:

Chun Lick said...

I must confess that I don't usually click on the videos. But just because you used the word Obsessed, I clicked Immejiately. I like it! and no i'm not trying to get on your good side. Cus we both know I'm already there.

Please leave your beard until I get back in a month. Thank you

Cora L. said...

How unfair! I can't grow a beard!!!! ...... Or can I? LOL just kidding =)

I like your dream, and one day when I am super rich I will make it a reality. Just that - Beyonce may be a decade or so older... haha

And dude, I bet the restaurant staff hated you (kevin etc) belligerent drunks!!!