April 26, 2010

Let's get musical.

Reading Chad's post about goals made me think a lot about how I've been spending my time lately.  I haven't been able to come up with any new goal that I haven't already failed at multiple times (exercising regularly, cleaning my room, getting my scooter, etc.).  But coming out of the shower just now, I thought of some very compelling lyrics to a song I would like to write.  The only thing is, I don't know how to play a musical instrument.  So, for the next two weeks, I plan to pick up my guitar again and try to write my song.  To make my goal easier and more realistic, I've set the bar at 15 minutes of practice everyday.  Yes, I know.  This will probably end up on my list of failed accomplishments but it's nice to dream. 

I do my best thinking in the shower.  It's the only place I can go and really just forget about everything else.  That, and just sitting in my room singing loudly to throwbacks like this:



This song is somewhere on my "Top 5 Rock Songs of All time" along with:



Have fun rocking out to some of my favorite jams of all time.

Until next time,

A fetus that is four months old will become startled and turn away if a light is flashed on a mother's stomach. 

-Alex Thunderlips

2 comments:

Cora L. said...

ahhhh dude i love that evanescence song!!!!!

Chun Lick said...

shower eh? time to get a waterproof guitar then. They exist! well, kinda. www.rainsong.com